• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh , i feel... imperfect ?
Im just bored and i made a terrain

~Uhm , Do you consider them as spammed grasses? Its actually a grassland

attachment.php

127770d1374297706-stryderzero-new-generation-terrains-07-19-2013.png

A manually built structure construction WIP
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    1 MB · Views: 393
  • 3.png
    3.png
    638.5 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Set your graphic render option to max and turn on texture filtering, anisotropic filtering and antialiasing before you take a screenshot. Also you should probably turn your resolution up. You don't have to worry about stretching the page if you just attach them as thumbnails.

Anyways it's all good besides the round mountain tops in the background and the way too bright fog/sky.

Level 28
Well Stryderzero, I believe that from the point the grass-element of your terrain is strictly given from a grass doodad and 0% of it comes from tiles on the floor, people will tend to call it grass-spam.

I suggest you to try the grassy dirt tile, from Ashenvale tileset, as it commonly blends really well with the terrain. Also making the grass doodads less abruptly tall and less clustered, spread small grasses are not only more realistic but more difficult to properly execute in World Editor, thus serves as a kind of terrain training.

I really liked your building and the scaling of everything, really realistic! Hills in such tropical regions tend to be more crowded with both palms (just as you did) and fluffy canopies of regular trees (lacking in your terrain's background). You've been playing too much Call of Duty, didn't you? :p

Nice job! :D

You've been playing too much Call of Duty, didn't you? :p

How did you know D:?

Well Stryderzero, I believe that from the point the grass-element of your terrain is strictly given from a grass doodad and 0% of it comes from tiles on the floor, people will tend to call it grass-spam.

Nah , i dont want to see flats on my terrain ;)

Nice job! :D

Thanks! :)

why is it so bright
Its a rising sun...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.